Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Superhead Makes An Appearance On Basketball Wives LA


A few weeks ago, ex-video vixen Karrine Steffans was spotted with the L.A cast of Basketball Wives and people begin to speculate if she was apart of the cast too.  Yesterday, Karrine called into WGCI’s The Morning Riot to discuss her involvement and thoughts about the show.
It turns out she’s not a fan of the show or VH1. Check out what she had to say below:
Are you a part of the Basketball Wives L.A cast?
I’m not a part of the cast. I did one episode for Jackie Christie who’s a friend of mine and I’m not sure if I’ll be doing more cameos other than that. I’m a little funny with that reality show situation. I’m just really not a big fan of the production behind the scenes and what goes on in reality shows. The drama it includes….so I’m not looking forward to doing more.
Do you think the L.A cast is going to be a success?
Let me say this, being around them and of course Jackie Christie and her husband Doug, I count them as friends. It’s very dramatic and the issue that I do have with Basketball Wives and VH1 in general is that they pick only African American women, Hispanic, Latino women and then they put them together in these situations and they kind of make them fight. I have yet to see a white girl in the middle of this drama and I feel like it’s perpetuating a particular stereotype that I don’t want to be a part of. So I saw there was a lot of cattiness already, talking behind each others back, some of the girls were talking about me after I left. It just one of those catty situations and that equals success for VH1 who is making shows predominately for African American audiences and that particular audience seems to love drama.
Do you think Shaunie O’ Neal created that drama?
No, I don’t. I know VH1 and I know the inner workings of that company. I’ve had a show with that company before and the day we were suppose to start shooting my show at my house, I locked the cast and crew out of my home because the executive producers at the last minute tried to make it a different kind of show. So I know how that company works and no, I don’t think Shaunie intended this to be what it is today. I applaud her for separating herself from the way it’s become at least in the second version of it because these girlsare already fighting. These are GROWN …these are 40-year-old women and it’s just not a good look but best of luck to all of them.
Listen to the audio below:



No comments:

Post a Comment