Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kelly Rowland Interview With Runway Magazine


Standing boldly like she’s about to kill a major fashion catwalk, Kelly Rowland covers the fall 2011 issue of Runway magazine. She always tries to encourage and promote women to “Be strong. Love yourself. Don’t be afraid to take chances.”
Kelly opens up and shares there once were a time when she had an identity crisis. The beautiful singer wanted to be lighter and struggled with her own complexion.
“There’s so much peer pressure growing up, I had an identity crisis. I went to a predominantly white school and I was the only black girl. I can remember thinking: ‘I don’t want to be as dark as I am – I want to be a little fairer.’ I didn’t want to be me…Tina sat me in front of the mirror and said: ‘Girl, look at how pretty you are.’ She made me feel comfortable in my own skin.

Anyone with eyes can see that Kelly is a gorgeous individual on the inside and out. Skin tone shouldn’t be a factor in determining someone’s beauty. Take a behind the scenes look at Kelly’s spread with celebrity photographer Derek Blanks for Runway Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment