Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kelly Rowland Interview




Kelly Rowland bares all on the September Issue of Vibe Magazine, but she’s also giving the tea on everything from her split with Matthew Knowles to her dating life, inside. 
Take a peak at a few excerpts:

On the success of ‘Dilemma’ with Nelly 
I was the first one from the group to have that level of success outside of the group. That bugged me out. I was very… I wasn’t ready.The song blew up and Columbia decided to rush out your solo record.Yeah. The plan was for Beyoncé to drop a solo record fi rst. But with the success of the song, they decided to put my album out first. They gave me 90 days to do an entire record.
On If There Was Tension With Former Manager Mathew Knowles
No. It was just a feeling of growing and wanting to call my own shots. That was it. I thank Mathew for everything he’s done for me. He made me a millionaire at 18 years old. And then I felt like, “Well, I’m an adult now and I want to do things this way.”  I needed to be selfish for a minute. I had to reclaim my power.
Did he try to talk you out of it? 
Well… He just wanted me to be certain of my decision.
On if she felt  an “exhale” momentI did, but I also felt like, Oh my God, what have I done?! I stayed in the house for two days. I was sad. It was like a funeral. I had to deaden that situation in order to start fresh. That’s a very long time to have the same manager and the same label.
On if she still talks to Mathew Knowles
It’s… I respect him above anything. [So things are cool?] Like I said, this man made me a millionaire at the age of 18. Taught us how to make money in the industry. I can never, ever forget that.
On how many times she’s been in love
Once
Okay, then, I’m going to assume this was the guy you were going to marry?
Oh. In that case, twice. [Laughs] Yeah. Twice.
On if she wants a Mr. Right Now or a Mr. Right
I like a Mr. Right. I don’t want them hopping around with Sarah, Michelle, Jessica… I want him to be mine.
On if she’s had a situation with a Mr. Right Now
Um… [giggles]. Okay, yeah, I did have a situation like that. In London. And it was cool. But generally, that’s not how I get down.
On if she dates outside of her race
Absolutely. [Laughs] I’ve been down with the swirl.
Read more over at Vibe.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment