Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kelly Rowland On The Breakfast Club


The beautiful Kelly Rowland hit up Power 105.1 earlier today and chit chatted with the Breakfast Club. She discussed everything from Beyonce’s recent split with Mathew Knowles, to the type of men she is attracted to.

Check out excerpts from the interview below:
On her genre of music
It’s so funny because everybody tried to put me in a box “Oh, so you do dance now.” For me, I don’t allow nobody to do that to me. At the same time I was recording dance music, I was recording “Smooches,” I was recording all these different types of records that were more so urban. I just tried something out and it just so happened to work. I love it all…if I can do it all, then why not?
The world would like to put you in a box. They just believe since you’re black, you should do black music, so when you go and try and do something else and that works “Oh, she’s a black girl doing dance music.” Jodie Watley showed us we can do it all, Diana Ross showed us we can do it all.
Why do you think you’re received dance music more than America?
Actually America is getting more into dance. You got Chris Brown who just did “Beautiful People,” (which is my morning song) to Akon who did “Sexy Bitch” and Rihanna did a lot of dance music. I think that music has these different feels now where you can just play. You’re allowed to be an artist and I think that’s dope.
You’ve dated all kinds of guys from different places. Do you recommend dating a white guy?Yes, you can. I mean it’s completely up to you. I like a black guy just as much as I love a white guy.
Do they treat you any better because I’ve heard white guys would go down on you more?
You know what? To me it just depends on the guy….if they like that. Of course, it’s better to find a guy that you can motivate to like that. I like me a nice swag of a black guy, I can’t even lie. To me, black guys and Arabic guys their swag is almost the same.
What penis size is bigger, black or white? 
I think it varies with guys; it doesn’t matter if you’re black white or whatever.
What’s you’re relationship with Mathew Knowles after leaving management with him?
I’m still very supportive of Mathew. I’ve been supportive since day one. He’s done great with Destiny’s Child, look at what he did. He definitely set us up to have great careers, so we’re not mad at that at all and I wish him the best.
Above anything it’s just growing up. I think when you grow up, you;re allowed to make decisions on your own and I support every decision Beyonce, Michelle and Solange makes.
You’re a beauty dark skin woman; do you ever feel like your darker complexion holds you back in the industry?
If you allow it to. I think what you think is what you kind of force that thought on people. I think as black people, haven’t we done that for years enough? “Oh my gosh, if you’re this, than you’re that..” We buy so many products as black women period. I don’t feel like there’s no reason for us to feel like we’re not as great as anybody else. I always hear women say “Oh, I’m dark skin, my dark skin color has set me back..”
On her dating life
I’m actually single. I mean you have your little side things on the side. I like somebody to stimulate me intellectually.
On sending naked photos 
You don’t send anybody naked pictures if you’re not married.
Will Destiny’s Child ever reunite? I don’t know. Right now Bey is about to drop a record, I’m about to drop a record and we’re making our own music. Michelle is doing her plays and it’s all great.
On reconciling with LeToya Luckett We are grown women there is no reason for us women to hold anything against each other. We always run into each other. I remember when me, her and Bey ran into each other at T.I’s concert in Atlanta. We all sat there and talked for hours. It’s cool..it’s old, it’s over ten years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment