Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tyra Banks Goes To College, And She Lives In A Dorm?



It’s no secret that supermodel Tyra Banks ended filming of The Tyra Banks Show to free up time so that she could go back to school and study business.
She is currently enrolled in Harvard University’s Owner/President Management Program which requires students to live in a dorm for three weeks every year. She recently stopped by Jimmy Fallon and discussed her experience living with others:
“We do live in dorms. I have my own room. So I have my own bedroom but we share a kitchen, a living room, a study area. Its mandatory dorms. I freaked out in the beginning.[...]I was like, ‘Oh yes, I’m going to Harvard and I’ll be at the Four Seasons down the street.’ And they were like, ‘Girl, you’re going to be living in dorms.’ I was like, ‘What?’ I freaked, freaked, freaked out. And now I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s like summer camp![...]Every time a term ends I get withdrawals and I get attitude for like three months because I miss my friends, I miss my professors, it’s like a bubble.”
Tyra also talked about the reasoning behind her enrolling in school in the first place, the main being fine-tuning her skills so that she may create a more well-rounded brand:
“I feel I have to in order to grow my business. People like Richard Branson [Virgin Group entrepreneur] and Walt Disney, these people have created these brands and businesses from scratch. So I look to them as role models. I want to grow my company.”
“I started last summer and I didn’t really talk about it. It was very incognito, my name and everything, but I decided to talk about it [now]. I think it’s a positive thing, especially for girls to see that you can still continue to educate yourself and you can still be fabulous and fierce and celebrate your femininity,[...]I think a lot of girls think it’s either/or, even at my age, I feel that it’s never too late to continue your education. I can’t just rely only on my gut. I have to have the knowledge that my professors have in order to take it to the next level.”
Niice. It goes to show that it’s never to late to go back to college. That’s pretty commendable.

watch this...




No comments:

Post a Comment