Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rihanna The Bodyguard?

Rihanna, with a beefy bodyguard in tow, was spotted in Sydney airport yesterday while on the way to a taping of Chelsea Lately. 
A few weeks ago, news surfaced that Rihanna was a front runner for the lead role in the remake of Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner’s 1992 classic, The Bodyguard, however Rihanna has since shot down those rumors. She tells OK! Magazine that she’s simply not interested in taking on the role.


“Absolutely not. I want to separate the two. I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time because you can never look at them as anybody else. I want to play a character, my whole life is playing Rihanna, being a singer won’t be a stretch for me. I like challenges and being an actor is playing a role, being able to step into somebody else’s shoes, that’s the excitement.”

Well alright then. Take that Beyonce, Whitney Houston, and Jennifer Hudson! Rihanna’s looking for something a bit more challenging than your little Bodyguard or Dreamgirls stints.

No comments:

Post a Comment